In Norway, several acts and regulations govern product safety and product liability, many of which are influenced by corresponding EU directives. Parts of the regulations govern any kind of products (eg the Norwegian Product Control Act and the Norwegian Product Liability Act), while other parts govern specific product categories.
Our Litigation and Regulatory team has more than 20 lawyers with extensive experience in dispute resolution and in-depth sector knowledge. We work closely with our colleagues in the Intellectual Property and Technology, Insurance and Public Law groups to advise businesses on legal requirements throughout the entire product lifecycle. Examples of experience includes:
- representing the captive insurer of a mobile phone company in defense of recourse claims from injured third parties as a result of fire damage caused by faulty mobile telephones;
- assisting the product liability insurers of a global pharmaceutical company in relation to multijurisdictional class actions brought by patients treated with a medication that caused life-threatening conditions or death;
- representing a contractor/dealer in a product liability insurance claim in relation to deficient technical cables in drilled wells; and
- a vast range of product recalls.
- Automotive and transportation
- Pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Consumer products